Birth Doula Services
As your Doula I will provide:
- Respect for you and your partners birthing decisions , no matter what
- Emotional Birth preparation for you and your partner or birth support people
- Some guidance about what is usually in a Birth Plan and how to work through your own Birth PLANNING
- Gentle massage and pressure point techniques to assist with morning sickness, pain and discomfort
- Physical Birth education as needed
- Hypnobirthing techniques and tools
- Emotional support through the journey of pregnancy to motherhood
- Continuous, Calm, Confident support throughout labour
- Birthing advocacy – I am your voice to relay what you want/need
- Support for your partner, so they can be a loving, calm presence
- Some Nutritional guide, recipes and food prep ideas
- Photography if requested
My service includes 2-3 pre natal visits usually around 2 hours. During these visits I get to know you and your partner’s desires and plans for this birth. We can practise and learn massage, acupressure and other techniques for labour. Also I will give you 10 min a day yoga pre natal stretching techniques for you to use.
I will be available for the last 2 weeks leading up to your birth, via phone and email if need. Once you have started labour, you can contact me and we can refer to what you have requested ie; meet at home or hospital. I will stay with you throughout your birth and then for a short time (less than hour or so) immediate post birth, unless you choose differently. Then I leave you to fully bond and experience your baby in private. I will see you again post birth for a debrief and a lovely sharing of the experience!.
Post Natal Services:
Post-natally, I will make at least 1 visit as your Birth Doula, where I will visit you at home and we can debrief your birth and share the experience. If you would like me to continue to provide baby care and support I can do this in a Post Partum Doula capacity for up to 6 weeks or longer if needed.
This could include such things as baby care, night nanny, maternal support, cooking, some general cleaning, washing, child care and general aid. The hours and times are negotiable, but a min 3 hour stay per visit.
Services and Pricing:
1. Birth Doula Service
Cost : $1200 - All inclusive as above
2. Birth Doula PLUS with Hypnobirthing course
Cost: $1450 ( plus travel if over 30klms)
3. Post Natal
Cost : Only $25 per hour ( min 3 hour block)
4. Night Nanny
Cost : $220 (plus travel if over 30klms) inc 12hour overnight stay